Job Application Form
Operations Manager, London
Full Time, Permanent
Application Start Date
Application End Date
We are a rapidly growing fintech that is transforming private capital markets. We have enabled frictionless asset creation and transferability. With deep regulatory knowledge and cutting-edge technology, we are driving the digitisation of all assets.
Globacap provides a white-label private markets software-as-a-service solution to capital markets intermediaries, exchanges, and asset managers. Our multi-asset platform provides users with a holistic, efficient solution to manage their business across private placements, register management and secondary transferability.
Our technology is used by some of the largest institutions in the world, such as the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and Nomura/Instinet.
We’re looking for people with imagination and experience to be part of our rapidly growing team. Do you have that, and share our passion for technology? Do you like taking ownership and seeing the rewards of your hard work? We’re looking for diverse talent who want to be part of a rapidly growing company with big ambitions to reshape the capital markets industry. If that’s you, we’d love to have you on our team.
This role is based in the UK. Whilst we are primarily a remote working organisation, occasional travel to our office in London will be required.
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring our business runs smoothly. Putting the customer at the heart of everything we do, the role holder will be looking for ways to make it easier for our clients and colleagues to work effectively. You will work with colleagues across the business to identify areas for improvement, manage risk and leverage our data to deliver insight. You will support the Chief Operations Officer in delivering an efficient and effective business providing seamless regulated services to our clients.
What we offer you
· Unlimited holidays
· Flexible and remote working
· Opportunity for share options
· Private Health Insurance, including cash back for dental and optical care, EAP service and discounted gym membership
· Company pension
What you’ll do
· Continuous review of our systems and processes to monitor effectiveness; taking ownership of operational process design, implementation and optimisation to drive our growth
· Take a lead role in our Corporate governance
· Manage Globacap’s Non-financial risk management
· Have ownership of our data infrastructure and governance oversight; analysing and delivering insights for the enhancement of our business
· Responsible for policy design and implementation across the business
· Third party vendor management
· Wider operational business reporting
· Work closely with the COO to support strategic initiatives; improving efficiencies in our operational delivery
· Collaborate across functions to ensure successful client delivery and trouble- shooting any operational issues
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and energetic Operations Manager looking to join a thriving business and take the next step in their career. We are a growing company and the right candidate will have the ambition and potential to grow with us into a more senior leader.
You must have excellent stakeholder management skills and communication skills with an ability to engage and influence across the company. You have a positive hands-on and “yes, we can” approach and are able to work in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience working in a FinTech is beneficial.
You have experience in operations management within financial services with a proven track record of improving operational efficiency, managing multiple workstreams as well as attention to detail in driving change. You will consider the customer first in everything you do. You will have an up-to-date knowledge of regulation in capital markets.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Proven experience in an Operations role, ideally within the FinTech or Capital markets space
· Demonstrate drive and focus to ensure operational delivery; ensuring appropriate planning and timelines are adhered to across multiple stakeholder groups
· Mindset of continuous improvement
· Ability to analyse and interpret information to communicate operational insights with clarity and conciseness to a variety of stakeholders
· Excellent knowledge of the MS Office suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Word as well as process mapping tools such as Lucid, Figma or Visio
· Proficient in a range of data analytical tools such as such as Power BI/Tableau
· Be able to prioritise tasks and use own initiative
· High integrity and transparency
· Highly efficient, focuses on solutions, and see tasks through to successful completion
· Previous experience in a start-up/scale up organisation beneficial