Job Application Form
Engineering Manager, London
Application Start Date
Application End Date
Globacap is a rapidly growing capital markets fintech, on a mission to digitise and automate the world’s private capital markets. We deliver workflow automation software-as-a-service that brings public markets-like efficiency to private markets. From issuing securities to the ongoing administration of them, to the settlement of secondary transactions in private securities, it’s all point and click.
Our technology is already being used by some of the largest institutions in the world, such as the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and Nomura/Instinet.
We’re looking for people with imagination and experience to be part of our rapidly growing team. Do you have that, and share our passion for technology? Do you like taking ownership and seeing the rewards of your hard work? Do you want to be part of a rapidly growing company with big ambitions to reshape the capital markets industry? If so, we’d love to have you on our team.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead and manage one of our Product squads.
Our Product squads own well defined aspects of the customer experience and work closely with the Product and Design teams to deliver features for our customers.
We are primarily a remote working organisation, however occasional/infrequent travel to London may be required.
What you’ll do
• Lead a Product squad consisting of Frontend, Backend and QA Engineers.
• Work with product management to understand customer requirements.
• Implement the technology testing strategy across unit, end-to-end and performance testing to ensure the quality of our platform.
• Work with architecture, security and production support to discuss and agree technical direction and strategy.
• Run sprint planning and retrospectives, assign work items, report status and demonstrate progress to the wider engineering organization.
• Provide out of hours support for incidents by participating in the call-out rota.
• Experience in software engineering in the financial services industry with an understanding of capital markets and technology
• Experience with the following coding languages: NodeJS, Ruby.
• Experience with modern software test development frameworks and process.
• Experience driving a culture of lean and agile software development.
• Have built digital products from early-stage through to scaling and maturity
• Able to work with architecture, security and client success/support to understand requirements, priorities, and collaborate on solution design.
• Able to lead a squad of engineers, including running work item prioritization, sizing, assignment, sprint planning and retrospectives
• Keen to deliver regular releases and demo progress to the wider team
• Be agile and responsive to changing requirements and priorities as we work to onboard more customers, deliver new features, and extend to other geographies
• Have a desire to deliver automation wherever possible
• Experience with implementing security controls and policies for standards including ISO27001 and SOC2.
• Strong communicator, happy to document, present and discuss designs and solutions
• High integrity and transparency
What we offer you
• Share options in a rapidly growing fintech that is starting to scale
• Unlimited holidays
• Flexible and remote working
• Private Health Insurance
• Company pension
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this position at present.